Invitation to Comment

If you have a question or find a good matchup, please leave a comment. I will try to answer any couponing questions...

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Cheap Razors, Lights and No-touch Kitchen System at Rite Aid this Week

I plan on going to Rite Aid today for a couple of items to add to my stockpile.



Bic Twin Razors 10 count is on sale for $2.99. The store is giving a $2 +UPs reward back for each one you buy with a limit of 4 offers. I know that I have $2 off 1 pack coupons.

I will then turn around and purchase GE white light bulbs, which I have a total of one light bulb left in my stockpile. All the kitchen light blew at midnight the other day so it was nice to go to the stockpile to get them instead of running out to the store. I swear this house is subject to power surges. The 4pk bulbs are on sale for $2.99 giving $1+UPs for each on purchased with a limit of 2. I have $1 off 1 coupons.

I am also after one of the Lysol No-Touch Kitchen Systems for $6.99 with no ups reward. I have a $3 off 1 coupon and a $3 mail-in rebate to use. No +UPS rewards on this item, but I plan on not paying much for it.

Here is my shopping scenario broken into two trips since I am starting with no +UPs Rewards:

Scenario #1

   $11.96 four Bic razor packs @ $2.99 each
- $ 8.00 four $2/1 coupons
= $ 3.96 cash plus $8 +UPs for next scenario
+ $ 1.06 tax
   $ 5.02

Scenario #2

   $5.98 two packs GE light bulbs @ $2.99 each
+ $6.99 one Lysol No-touch Kitchen System
  $12.97
- $2.00 two $1/1 coupons for light bulbs
- $3.00 one $3/1 coupon for Lysol No-touch
  $7.97
because this is under $8 I will throw in a bag of chips or discounted Easter candy or Juicy Fruit gum. The trick to this is a cheap, non-taxable filler item. Without it I can only use $6 +UPs and end up paying $1.97. I already paid for the razors so I do not want to pay very much out on this purchase.

+$0.30 Filler item
  $8.27
- $8.00 four $2 +UPs
  $0.27 cash plus $2 +UPs rewards back
+$1.15 Tax
 $1.43 Total

COUPON TIP:
When figuring out the sales tax (if you live in an area that taxes purchases) there are two ways that stores do it. My Rite Aid taxes the before coupon total. Some stores calculate the tax after the coupons have been deducted. To find out your store's method, purchase a $1.00 item using a coupon. Then do the math. For 8% tax before coupon would be $0.08 and after would be $0.04.




No comments:

Post a Comment