Invitation to Comment

If you have a question or find a good matchup, please leave a comment. I will try to answer any couponing questions...

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Walmart Trip (saved 54%)

Now I know that there is a lot of scandal focused around Walmart and their ethics etc. etc. But I live in a small town where Walmart is larger than the mall. I just wish it was a Supercenter, because I could really clean up.

Anyway, I ran out to Walmart to get my lightbulbs and I found them. Most of the time I do not find the products I am after at this little Walmart. They seem to get the extra large sizes in, which is not the deals that I want with the coupons.
Items
Clearance Rack
$3.00 Skirt/Shorts for Cindy

$2.24 GE Soft White 75W Lightbulbs 4-pk
$2.24 GE Soft White 75W Lightbulbs 4-pk
$2.24 GE Soft White 75W Lightbulbs 4-pk
$2.24 GE Soft White 75W Lightbulbs 4-pk

$0.84 VO5 2-1 Shampoo/Conditioner
$0.84 VO5 Pomegranate Shampoo
$0.84 VO5 Pomegranate Conditioner
===========================
$14.42 subtotal

Coupons Used
-$2.00 off Any GE Energy Saver/Soft White Lightbulb
-$2.00 off Any GE Energy Saver/Soft White Lightbulb
-$2.00 off Any GE Energy Saver/Soft White Lightbulb
-$2.00 off Any GE Energy Saver/Soft White Lightbulb

-$1.00 off three VO5 Shampoos or Conditioners
==============================
-$9.00 in coupons

$5.48 new subtotal
$1.22 sales tax
================================
$6.70 total

So I am stocked up on lightbulbs with 16 bulbs for $0.96. I purchased 8 items, so each item cost me $0.84. Cheaper than Dollar Tree, yah!

Coupon Tip: I tried to purchase the tiny Cutter candles, but the cashier was having a personal crisis with the fact that the candles were $0.97 and the coupon was for $1.00 off. I told her to just ring it down, but she said she could not do that. I know the policy and could have stood my ground, but with the husband and kids in tow it wasn't worth the time to educate the cashier this time. She was the only one open so the line was forming. I choose to put the items back and take back my coupons. I spotted a little bit larger candle at $1.97 so it will be $0.97 with the coupon. I'll pick it up next time. Choose your battles wisely. If it is a non-essential item that you can try for later, then just put it back for later. If it is the gallon of milk that the kids need and you do not have enough to pay for it, stand your ground on the coupon use without throwing a temper-tantrum.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment