Invitation to Comment

If you have a question or find a good matchup, please leave a comment. I will try to answer any couponing questions...

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Swansons (local store to Grays Harbor WA)

I was cruising around a bit on their site and found a link to coupons. It took me to a page of store coupons, which is nice since this is a perk that you don't know about unless you visit their homepage. Now these coupons are only going to work for people who live or visit the area, but I thought that maybe it would inspire out of the area readers to check the webpages of their local markets.

Swansons Internet Store Coupons
(Limit one coupon per customer per day)
Ostrom's Mushrooms 8 oz pack - 2/$3 with coupon limit 2
Bar S Jumbo Meat Franks 16 oz pack - $0.99 each with coupon limit 2
Brawny Paper Towels 8 roll pack - $5.99 with coupon limit 1
MJB Premium Coffee 33.9 oz - $6.99 with coupon limit 1
Deli Chicken Tenders Hot - $3.99/lb with coupon limit 2 lbs
Heinz Ketchup 40 oz - $1.89 with coupon limit 1
Purina Cat Chow Indoor Formula 16 lb - $11.99 with coupon limit 1
Kraft Mayo or Miracle Whip 30 oz - $2.99 with coupon limit 1

All these coupons expire 5-18-12

Now for a scary peek inside my mind. The mushrooms are an okay deal and if I need them I will run over and get them, but it is not a "go out of my way" deal. The Bar S hot dogs are okay too, but most stores have hotdogs for $1 or less this time of year. The paper towels is a good deal, since basically anything cheaper than $1 a roll (Dollar Tree) is good. I buy smaller containers of coffee since it is just me and my son that drink coffee and only one pot a day. Just a quick note on the Miracle Whip. I seen a coupon for it, but I would take it to Walmart and get a better price for it. I stocked up on Miracle Whip last November when the Hometown Liquidation store put it on sale for $0.25 a container. I purchased 20 squeeze sized bottles and will not have to buy any until July.

Coupon Tip:
I have noticed, especially at smaller grocery stores, that some of them have difficulty stacking store coupons with manufacturer coupons. The cashier has to enter the manufacture coupon manually and over-ride the system. WHY? Well I talked to one of the cashiers that have been there a looooong time. It seems that some store, that scan the coupon and not the item, enter a different bar code number into the system. So the computer cannot match the item with the manufacture coupon. When this happens and the cashier is not willing to over-ride the system, stand firm and ask for the manager. Nearly every store will accept the store coupon along with a manufacture coupon for one item.

No comments:

Post a Comment