Invitation to Comment

If you have a question or find a good matchup, please leave a comment. I will try to answer any couponing questions...

Monday, April 18, 2011

Great Walmart Trip: Serious Couponing

I just walked out of Walmart with $44.60 worth of goodies for only $1.72.

My haul includes:
1 Similac Spit Up Formula $3.84
4 Fuze drinks $1.00 ea
10 Reach Dental Floss $0.88 ea
8 Nivea Woman's Body Wash $3.00 ea
4 Frigo Cheese Sticks $0.33
The overall tax comes to $2.76

I used these coupons:
1 Similac $5/1
2 Fuze drinks $1/2
10 Reach $1/1
8 Nivea $3/1
4 Frigo $0.50/1
Total value $43.00

I love the overage policy at Walmart. I get full value for the coupons. Without the Fuze Drinks, which was an impulse buy, Walmart would have owed me money.

Lessons learned tonight:
  • Always watch the screen and make sure the cashier scans all the coupons.
  • Do not choose a cashier that you do not know.
  • Do not shop in the dead of night when the cashier has time to read every coupon because she will. Even the duplicates.
I plan on going back in 3 or 4 days when they restock the shelves since they are now out of body wash and dental floss. I hope they get the travel-size degree deodorant in stock as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment