Invitation to Comment

If you have a question or find a good matchup, please leave a comment. I will try to answer any couponing questions...

Friday, April 15, 2011

Getting Started on Couponing

Anyone watch Extreme Couponing on TLC? I have and now I am determined to maximize my savings using couponing strategies. So yes, I am part of the hoard of coupon enthusiast rushing to the stores with a binder of coupons.

I am dedicating this blog to my experiences learning couponing and just how to work with the stores. So after a week of trial and error, I am ready to start adding tips, trips and tricks to my blog. I am hoping to pass on some good information to anyone who reads this.

One rule, same every coupon. Look for online printable coupons so you know what is out there. One site to use is www.coupon.com. They allow you to print their coupons at least twice. Check manufacturing sites and look for their Facebook accounts. Sunday newspaper inserts are a treasure trove. Try to collect several of them from neighbors or recycle bins (that is a story all by itself).

Organize your coupons in a binder or bin by shopping aisle or subject. I'll go more into depth on this when I get it figured out. Collect the weekly sales papers. The best savings is when you pair up a manufacturer coupon with a store coupon when the item is on sale.

There are tricks to making money with coupons if your store gives back overages. For example, I collected four $5 off any Similac product coupons and used them at Walmart to by Similac at $3.84. When Walmart rang it up they paid me $4.64 to take those four bottles of Similac out of the store. I donated the Similac to WIC since my baby is nursing.

No comments:

Post a Comment