Invitation to Comment

If you have a question or find a good matchup, please leave a comment. I will try to answer any couponing questions...

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Stock-up Prices at Safeway 8/9/14


I hit a second store in my quest for stock-up items. With the combination of card savings, just for U, and coupons, Safeway has some good buys.

First, Pepridge Farms goldfish crackers are regularly $2.49 each but with the J4U savings of 82¢ each loaded on the Safeway card the overall price is $1.67. This is my buying price point, so I picked up half a dozen different flavors. 99¢ or less is my normal stock-up price. My family is addicted to these crackers.

Chex mix 8.75 oz is on sale 10 for $10 or $1.00 each. When combined with the 50¢ off 2 coupon the overall price is 75¢. My stock-up price for these crackers is 79¢. I ended up with 16 bags, but I do not think they will last very long since the kids dug right into them when I came home.

Bags of Teddy Grahams are on sale for $1.99. With J4U savings of $1 for 1 the price drops down to 99¢. This is a good price, but with a 75¢ off to coupon the price drops down to 62¢. My stock up price for this type of cookies is 99¢ or less.

Chicken of the Sea canned tuna is on sale for 69¢. Stock-up price for canned tuna. I picked up 24 cans plus I used the coupon 75¢ off 3. Alas I only had one, but it always helps. My price for stocking up on tuna fish is 79¢. I would be nice if the price stays down on tuna instead of rising.


The other big stock-up sale this week is on General Mills Cereal. When you buy four or more boxes of selected cereal varieties the price drops to $1.49. Some of the varieties include Trix, Cocoa Puffs, Reeses and Golden Grahams. With my coupons all the cereal I brought home was priced 99¢ or lower. The General Mills coupons are normally $1 off 2, which drops the price down to 99¢. When the coupon targets specific cereal they are normally higher in value. The Trix coupon 75¢ off 1 brought the price down to 74¢ each. So I brought home a shelf-full of cereal.





No comments:

Post a Comment